Re: [SCA Newcomers] OT:My daddy died

  • Eric Dickey
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2008
      You have my deepest sympathies.
      Dietrich

      On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Briana Delaney <briana.delaney@...>
      wrote:

      > I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just
      > wanted
      > to inform people that my father died...
      >
      > RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...
      >
      > Giertrud

    • Jerry Hollifield
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2008
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Dickey"
        <dietrich.von.greyssen@...> wrote:

        > You have my deepest sympathies.
        > Dietrich
        >
        > On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Briana Delaney <briana.delaney@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just
        > > wanted
        > > to inform people that my father died...
        > >
        > > RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...
        > >
        > > Giertrud

        > I am sorry for your loss...Raptor

      • Briana Delaney
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2008
          Thank you, all.

          Giertrud

        • Bhadra
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2008
            Our deepest and most heartfelt condolences for your loss, Giertrud.
            Sabina and Draco

            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2008
              I'm really sorry for your loss I to have lost a dear relative close to me so I know how you feel but you will see him again one day :)
              Deepest thoughts
              Deredere and Micheal Ward

                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 2008
                  In a message dated 5/5/2008 2:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  briana.delaney@... writes:

                  <<I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just wanted
                  to inform people that my father died...

                  RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...>>

                  Giertrud,

                  I am so sorry. I lost my own Dad 11 months ago, so I know how you feel. It
                  will get easier, but not for a long time - I am nearly crying thinking about
                  my own Dad while typing this.
                  One thing - don't hide from the memories, and don't avoid talking about them
                  with others who loved him and even those who didn't know him. It hurts, but
                  it helps at the same time. It was hard to watch, but I was infinitely
                  grateful that I (and my mom and brother) were with my Dad when he passed and odd
                  as it sounds, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.

                  Lancaster, PA

                  favorites at AOL Food.