Today is Holocaust Rememberance Day

  • Bill Knight
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Some history as to how Holocaust Remembrance Day came about can be found
      at http://history1900s.about.com/cs/holocaust/a/yomhashoah.htm
      <http://history1900s.about.com/cs/holocaust/a/yomhashoah.htm>
      To amplify the importance of remembering the Holocaust, I'd like to take
      this opportunity to remind people of some of the other genocides that
      have happened in the past, and are still happening today:

      Between 1915–1923 1.5 million Armenians perished in the Armenian
      Genocide.
      We said, "Never again."
      Between 1933–1945 6 million men, women and children were executed in
      the Holocaust.
      We said, "Never again."
      In 1994 an estimated one million people were killed in Rwanda within one
      hundred days.
      We said, "Never again."
      Since 2003 over 500,000 innocent men, women and children have died in
      Darfur.
      Never again. Now.

      I am currently offering shirts and other products to help support the
      crisis in Darfur. If you find the time, please visit
      http://www.cafepress.com/conalscorner/5483012
      <http://www.cafepress.com/conalscorner/5483012> and see the information
      I have there. If you'd like to purchase a shirt or other item, I'm
      contributing a portion of each sale to SAVEDARFUR.COM. If you'd rather
      donate through other methods, you have my thanks and my blessings.

      "Never Again."

      --

      In service to chirurgy, the kingdom, the Crown, and you,

      THLord Conal Mac Nachtan
      Protegé to Companion Inguz sigrun Mikksdottir

      "The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left
      unredressed on earth, or a man or woman left to say, I will redress that
      wrong, or spend my life in the attempt."
      -- Charles S. Kingsley, Life (vol. II, ch. XXVIII)

      http://www.conalscorner.com/ <http://www.conalscorner.com/> - Kingdom
      Bumper Stickers, Populace Badges, and much more!

    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2008
        On Thursday 01 May 2008 10:48:44 Bill Knight wrote:
        > To amplify the importance of remembering the Holocaust, I'd like to take
        > this opportunity to remind people of some of the other genocides that
        > have happened in the past, and are still happening today:

        Good afternoon, all!

        I'm really sorry to have to ask this, but could we take this thread off-list,
        please? As much as I personally agree with the political sentiments, modern-
        world politics are off topic here.

        OTOH, if people want to discuss things that relate to this topic prior to
        the year 1600 C.E., that is an entirely different matter. :-)

        Again, very sorry to have to make this request. It's a very worthy topic,
        just not germane to this particular venue.

        Thanks.

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Briana Delaney
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2008
          How about this to relate it?

          In 1215 the Fourth Lateran Council<http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09018a.htm>,
          under Pope Innocent III <http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08013a.htm> (the
          Butcher of the Cathars <http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.killings.html>)
          first forced the Jews to wear yellow
          badges<http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=lateran+council+jews+yellow>.
          This idea was later taken up again by the Nazis.

          Giertrud

        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2008
            On Thursday 01 May 2008 20:06:15 Briana Delaney wrote:
            > How about this to relate it?

            Much better, thanks! :-)

            keys fesswise reversed sable.