unofficial members!

  • wendy brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2008
      It's just super fun but you have to like that kind of lifestyle. I love to learn new things so going to a mead class or armor making or embroidery is interesting. I go hoping to make new friends. I've been tied for first place and won second place in bard competitions and there's nothing like being called milady by a man in armor. I went to the Fools War last year where there were alot of pirates and got the same treatment. It's great to be around good natured people who are having a good time.
      I'm not interested in the civil war era so my brother in law goes to those and does reenactments. I like the middle ages.
      You just have to enjoy what your doing. I'm learning to make scrolls and have purchased the expensive materials to do so but I need alot of work on my calligraphy. I also draw and paint backgrounds for events and anything else I can do to help out.
      I have a willingness to serve and getting to where I could win a scroll would be a great accomplishment for me.
      When my son and I are away at an event I hate to see the weekend end and have to go back to our mundane lives...... too much reality for me.

      There's a great video on you tube about the SCA.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vljdsfphks
      Have fun and come join us,
      Ælfwynn of Lynford
      Shire of Beau Fort