marshalling (was: Heraldry Question)

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2008
      Cailin Mac Kinnach wrote:
      > I believe you're fine with mystical creatures providing A: That there
      > isn't a conflict meaning someone else didn't have your idea first, and
      > B: you can't have two on the same shield facing each other, as this
      > represents a royal marriage. (I think.)

      It's fine to have two monsters facing one another on a shield. What
      you can't have is a shield that looks like it might be the result of
      marshalling <http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html#11.3>.
      Among other things, that would include a device divided along a
      straight line into left and right halves, with a different monster on
      each half.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra