Re: [SCA Newcomers] [MODERATOR] Re: A knife shapped like a bow and arrows,Thank You!

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
      On Wednesday 23 April 2008 15:51:06 Justinos Tekton called Justin wrote:
      > I will be reviewing the thread from the list archives, to make a decision
      > about this. Anyone who has input with regards to that decision please contact
      > me OFF LIST. The last thing we want to do is to worsen the problem by debating
      > whether or not a thread should be banned on the list itself.

      Based on my review of the entire thread, and input from those on the list and
      off the list (some took the suggestion above to email me off list), I have
      banned Mr. Morejon from this list. In addition to the on-list complaints, I have
      received off-list emails from moderators of other lists on which this individual
      has behaved badly.

      Mr. Morejon, posting a phoney third-hand recommendation for your own web auction
      (commercial or not) is known in the publishing industry as "astroturfing"
      (fake "grass roots" support...get it?). It is considered unethical behavior,
      as others have pointed out here. Had you owned up to the fact that it was your
      auction, it would merely have been merely off-topic, but you hid your identity.

      Others assumed, as did I, that the astroturfing was an act of ignorance,
      but your behavior in subsequent posts indicates you knew what you were doing.
      The "movie star" message indicating that you are glad of bad repute and
      publicity as long as people are talking about you is, in my mind, the very
      definition of the word "Troll." There is no more troll food here.

      If you have a problem with this, I'm very sorry, but the matter is not open
      to further discussion. Your choices were to post in good behavior or to not
      post at all, and you have repeatedly chosen poorly.

      Regards,

      keys fesswise reversed sable.