I wonder....

  • Briana Delaney
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      I got an e-mail in Danish with the words "Vel mødt..." That translates
      quite literally to "Well met!" Did they just greet me medievally?! (It
      from a pastor ... not a re-enactment group or such!)

    • Bhadra
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
        More than likely, the Dutch are, in some ways very traditional, and in
        others....oh well.....no...
        let's not go there!

        Standard form or greeting in that language? Anyone?

        Sabina

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
          Not the Dutch, the Danes. From Denmark. These are some of the descendants
          of the Vikings. A Dane assures me, it is normal.