Re: [SCA Newcomers] Disabilities at Pennsic (was: hiring a bodyguard)

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2008
      On Wednesday 26 March 2008 00:30:19 floatinggypsyfairy wrote:
      > Also, I would be attending the first week of pennsic only - arriving
      > for land grab and leaving on the middle weekend or whenever the crowds
      > seem like they are picking up severely.
      > Unfortunately my friend who usually assists me will not be attending
      > pennsic... and i don't personally know anyone else who is quite as
      > vigilent in protecting me.

      Assuming it's an issue of pain rather than of actual danger to your health,
      perhaps a reasonable approach would be to attend Pennsic but deliberately stay
      away from crowded areas. The campsite is large, and the crowds are usually
      found in a few selected areas. There's plenty of fun to be had away from the
      crowded areas.

      Again, I do advise you to speak with your doctor to get his or her advice on
      how best to manage this, and to contact Disability Services before the event
      to get their advice as well. Pennsic is attended every year by a lot of folks
      with various medical conditions, and your doctor and the Pennsic staff who work
      with those conditions on a professional basis can give you a lot of helpful
      information and guidance.

      By no means am I saying, "Don't go." Rather, I am saying, "If you go, plan
      ahead so you can make it as enjoyable and pain-free as possible."

      Kind regards,

      keys fesswise reversed sable.