Heraldic Timeframes was Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speech

  • Dave & Megan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2008
      6 mths to a year is average.
      What happens after you stick that package containing your name/device/both
      in the mail?

      Once a month or so depending on kingdom those letters are gathered together
      into an internal letter of intent (IloI) and is posted out via various means
      for people to comment on and find problems with. (In the Middle this can
      take up to 7 weeks depending on when your information arrives.

      Commentors are ususally given about a month to do so.

      After this point any items with major flaws are sent back to the submitter
      to work on, the rest are sent up to the society level via US mail. This can
      take a couple of weeks to a month.

      Once they reach the society level and the Laurel Sovereign of Arms (the
      Society Herald.) they are again put out for comment on a wider basis. The
      commentors at this level are offered 4 months for comments. After which the
      final decisions are made as to whether or not the items will be registered.

      These results are published on a Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR)
      which takes another couple of weeks to put out after the meeting.

      At this point the various kingdoms have different methods of notifying their
      clients as to what the descions were. In the Middle, the kingdom herald
      (Dragon Herald) usually puts a message on the kingdom email list right away
      as sort of an unofficial notice and then has the information posted to the
      kingdom newsletter and the client directly.

      There are assistants in every step of this process, but as with any point of
      the society, Real Life (tm) can happen which can add time to the whole
      thing.

      Gwenhyfar Stuart
      Starleaf Gate
      Middle

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2008
        Quoth "Dave & Megan":
        > to work on, the rest are sent up to the society level via US mail. This can

        Not any more. Since May 2007, all processing of submissions at the
        external (i.e., across all the kingdoms) level is done online, at the
        Online System for Commentary and Response, OSCAR: oscar.sca.org.

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/