Re: [SCA Newcomers] RE: The Don't Speech.

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2008
      There are very few hard and fast rules in the SCA. The rest is
      culture such as the wearing of red, green, yellow and in some kingdoms
      blue belts.

      The "Don't Speech" is just a general guideline for folks. Its helpful
      and useful but not 100% all the time applicable. As for being afraid
      someone else will "take" your name... I wouldn't worry were I you
      unless of course you picking a name that could be fairly common. If
      you want to register and are CERTAIN of your research and choice by
      all means register. I can not tell you how many Heralds you'll make
      happy by doing so. :-)

      The point of the Don't Speech is to give yourself, as a newcomer, the
      time to experience life in the SCA so that can become certain of what
      you want. Indeed it is much better than having a crush on what you
      want and that fading away rather quickly and then getting "stuck" with
      something.

      Have fun and enjoy your time in the SCA.

      Ian the Green

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Briana Delaney"