Re: R.I.P. ~ Gary Gygax

  • echoandjames
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
      You mean the father of D&D is gone??? that's really horrible! Just
      look at how far it's come and how many people even involve their real-
      world lives around such role-playing as world of warcraft, etc. Dang,
      I remember that used to be one of the best way to kil off 3 days
      straight, a whole load of red vines and a few cases of soda with some
      good friends. he will surely be missed, but not forgotten.

      --Dairiane O'Fourrain of Atlantia

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Eofor <lucky_thirt13n@...> wrote:

      > Ernest Gary Gygax (July 27, 1938 – March 4, 2008) was an American
      writer and game designer, best known for co-creating the pioneering
      role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) with Dave Arneson, and co-
      founding the company Tactical Studies Rules (TSR) with Don Kaye in
      1974. Gygax is generally acknowledged as the father of the role-
      playing game.

      > Gygax died the morning of March 4, 2008, at his home in Lake
      Geneva, Wisconsin. He had been in poor health, suffering multiple
      strokes and a near-fatal heart attack.