R.I.P. ~ Gary Gygax

  • Eofor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
      Ernest Gary Gygax (July 27, 1938 – March 4, 2008) was an American writer and game designer, best known for co-creating the pioneering role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) with Dave Arneson, and co-founding the company Tactical Studies Rules (TSR) with Don Kaye in 1974. Gygax is generally acknowledged as the father of the role-playing game.

      Gygax died the morning of March 4, 2008, at his home in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. He had been in poor health, suffering multiple strokes and a near-fatal heart attack.

      Eofor

      Kingdom of the Middle
      Southern Oaken Region
      Barony of Flaming Gryphon
      March of the Winged Hills

      o============================>

      www.myspace.com/lucky_thir13en

      o============================>

      Natural wax/soy blend Candles
      www.scarabaesdream.scent-team.com

      No man is so good as to be free from all evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.

    • Chris Chastain
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
        The world is suddenly less bright without the beloved dungeon master! Rest
        in Peace Dungeon Master!

        Who cant count the numbers of years rolling dice praying for a crit,

        Dmitrii

        "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."
        Napoleon Bonaparte

        Death smile's at everyone, man can only smile back!

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
          You mean the father of D&D is gone??? that's really horrible! Just
          look at how far it's come and how many people even involve their real-
          world lives around such role-playing as world of warcraft, etc. Dang,
          I remember that used to be one of the best way to kil off 3 days
          straight, a whole load of red vines and a few cases of soda with some
          good friends. he will surely be missed, but not forgotten.

          --Dairiane O'Fourrain of Atlantia