Fwd: [SCA Newcomers] period dolls

  • Kristine Elliott
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5 5:52 AM
      This seems to have gone astray.

      Scolastica

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Kristine Elliott <souriete@...>
      Date: Feb 4, 2008 6:08 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] period dolls
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

      On 2/4/08, wendy brown <cas46per@...> wrote:
      > Greetings everyone,
      > I'm looking for some information about dolls for an up coming event. I need a simple doll pattern that the kids can put together and have something cool from the event.
      >
      > I was at the library today looking at painting books and different painters.
      > I noticed the doll books behind me. Kids had dolls in period but there are no pictures much before the 1800's. I'm sure the kids had a type of rag doll but where could I find documentation on them if not in books? The kids would love making them.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Ælfwynn

      Two excellent places to start are:
      http://aelflaed.homemail.com.au/doco/dolls.html and
      http://www.larsdatter.com/toys.htm .

      I hope this helps.

      Scolastica
      --
      http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

      If you can't get rid of them ugly old skeletons in the closet, at least teach
      'em how to dance funny. Billy C. Wirtz