Badge help...my brain runneth dry.

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
      Greeting to the list. I am trying to put together a badge to be used
      jointly by my lady and myself using items from our registered devices.
      We spent so much brain power and scraped the bottom of our artistic
      barrels to create the devices, that we are just drawing a blank for
      something simple (I do leather and wood working and would like to be
      able to carve or brand it into my work). I have uploaded our devices
      into the photo section so that perhaps some fresh eyes can have a
      gander.

      Thanks,
      Lady Sian verch Gwilim

      PS. I would really like to have my tree as part of the badge, as it is
      what most people say they remember most when they see me in armor
      (other than I am usually the shortest fighter on the field).
    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
        Quoth "Nicole":
        > We spent so much brain power and scraped the bottom of our artistic
        > barrels to create the devices, that we are just drawing a blank for
        > something simple (I do leather and wood working and would like to be
        > able to carve or brand it into my work). I have uploaded our devices
        > into the photo section so that perhaps some fresh eyes can have a
        > gander.

        Ooh, fun!

        Is it important that the tree have no leaves? If not, my immediate
        first thought is "On a tree Or, a griffin passant azure" or "On, a
        tree Or, a pheon azure." Both of these look conflict free to me.

        Alternatively, if having no leaves on the tree is important, you
        could combine the tree with the "per bend" division of Rhiannon's
        arms to get "A tree blasted bendy azure and argent" -- a bit wild,
        but definitely conflict free!

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
          Thanks Aryanhwy,

          It is important that the tree remain blasted and eradicated (I love the dead tree look and it in my official blazon). We had toyed with a griffin in the tree, but that seemed too difficult to draw in a "badgey" way. I like the per bend wavy idea. Never thought of that. (A new excusse to use the drawing software at work! )

          Sian
          ---- Sara L Uckelman <liana@...> wrote:

          =============
          Quoth "Nicole":

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
            It just occured to me I have no idea what "A tree blasted and eradicated (cant forget the eradicated) bendy azure and argent" would even look like. Is it fieldless, or is it a counterchange type of thing with a background?

            Sian
            ---- Sara L Uckelman <liana@...> wrote:

            =============
            Quoth "Nicole":

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
              Quoth "Nicole E. Miller":
              > It is important that the tree remain blasted and eradicated (I love the dead
              > tree look and it in my official blazon). We had toyed with a griffin in the
              > tree, but that seemed too difficult to draw in a "badgey" way.

              Does the griffin have to stay passant? You could do "In fess a tree
              blasted and eradicated Or sustained by a griffin rampant argent".
              This also looks clear of conflict.

              -Aryanhwy

              --
              vita sine literis mors est
              http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
                Quoth "Nicole E. Miller":
                > It just occured to me I have no idea what "A tree blasted and eradicated (can
                > t forget the eradicated) bendy azure and argent" would even look like. Is it
                > fieldless, or is it a counterchange type of thing with a background?

                Fieldless. So, no particular background, and the tree itself
                is colored with alternating diagonal stripes of white and blue.

                -Aryanhwy

                --
                vita sine literis mors est
                http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/