Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb for 10th century Varangian in Novgorod

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      On Friday 01 February 2008 12:25:08 David wrote:
      > I've decided on a 10th century Varangian/Russian personna living in
      > Novgorod, Russia.  It's not one of the more popular periods or places
      > for SCA folk.  How do I find out what clothing to wear?  I tried
      > googling and got lost chasing links with no real success.

      I _may_ have a book that will help with this. I'll check it and see if it has
      Varangian Guard costuming in it, and will post back to the list. (My persona
      happens to be early 11th century Byzantine, so this is fairly close to my
      area of interest.)

      In the meantime, others please feel free to jump in. I'll join Andrukh in reading
      the replies with great interest. :-)

      Kind regards,

      keys fesswise reversed sable.