Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb for 10th century Varangian in Novgorod

  • Nicole E. Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Welcome Andrukh,

      I had stumbled upon this web page when Helping out a friend interested in an early Russian persona. http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

      In Service,
      Lady Sian verch Gwilim
      ---- David <stonefiddle@...> wrote:

      =============
      Dear Newcomers list,

      I've decided on a 10th century Varangian/Russian personna living in
      Novgorod, Russia. It's not one of the more popular periods or places
      for SCA folk. How do I find out what clothing to wear? I tried
      googling and got lost chasing links with no real success.

      Andrukh
    • Nicole E. Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        Welcome Andrukh,

        ---- David <stonefiddle@...> wrote:

        =============
        Dear Newcomers list,

        I've decided on a 10th century Varangian/Russian personna living in
        Novgorod, Russia. It's not one of the more popular periods or places
        for SCA folk. How do I find out what clothing to wear? I tried
        googling and got lost chasing links with no real success.

        Andrukh
      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
          On Friday 01 February 2008 12:25:08 David wrote:
          > I've decided on a 10th century Varangian/Russian personna living in
          > Novgorod, Russia.  It's not one of the more popular periods or places
          > for SCA folk.  How do I find out what clothing to wear?  I tried
          > googling and got lost chasing links with no real success.

          I _may_ have a book that will help with this. I'll check it and see if it has
          Varangian Guard costuming in it, and will post back to the list. (My persona
          happens to be early 11th century Byzantine, so this is fairly close to my
          area of interest.)

          In the meantime, others please feel free to jump in. I'll join Andrukh in reading
          the replies with great interest. :-)

          Kind regards,

          keys fesswise reversed sable.