Name Research

  • Briana Delaney
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2008
      Thank you for looking into Giertrud for me, and thanks to my local herald
      for this as well. I wanted the last name to be related to the Danish town
      now called Gjellerup.

      Since this is the modern name I researched, with the help of an online
      Danish library site, that told me, Danish last names based on a place, were
      just that place name.

      And that:

      [de gamle navne]1 for Gjelleup [ville enten være]2: Giellerop eller
      Gyældthorp

      1. the old names
      2. would be either/or

      My hope is to use the name Giertrud Gyældthorp.

      "Giertrud Gyældthorp"
      mka Briana Delaney