Re: Suggestions on tents.

  • John Roberts
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
      I have seen someone take a large nonperiod canvas tent and paint it to
      make a "stonewalled manor." It is something that I found to be quite
      clever. He even cut windows for the manor.

      Ursal Bearonson

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Beverly Drovich
      <lilliansgardensca@...> wrote:

      > I'm in the East, Shire of Eisental ( Eastern Pennsylvania )
      > Location of the tent supplier is not - o- to - important. Period
      design, Good product for the $$$ & customer support are my great
      intrests.
      > Thanks for the quick response. Hope to hear from you soon.
      >
      > Belle

      awhile before I can have myself.
      > Have you tried antique shops? I've heard people remark about having
      a large canvas tent at home when we were out to garage sales.
      > But if you want a new one let me know what state and then I can help
      with your research.
      > AElfwynn
      > Kingdom of Meridies
      > Shire of Beau Fort

      yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
        In a message dated 1/24/2008 6:51:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        cas46per@... writes:

        <<While i met with the folks from tent masters, i would like others
        feedback on them and other companies as well. or if you know of some one
        wanting to sell a tent .. please let me know.>>

        We have a Tentmaster's 18' x 24' oval marquee and we love it. We've had it
        for 6 years with no major problems, and the folks at Tentmasters are great to
        deal with. We have friends who have two Tentmaster's tents, one of which is
        20 years old and still going strong.

        You mention having up to 5 adults sleeping in it. That's going to be tough
        to find if the adults have any significant amount of gear. We have two
        adults and a three-year-old in ours and, while it could hardly be described as
        cramped, it seems much tighter than we thought it would. Of course, we go in
        for furniture in a big way; we have a double-size take-down four poster bed
        with canopy and curtains, and our son sleeps on an old trundle bed frame that my
        husband and I used to use before we got the big bed. We also have a trestle
        table and a coupe of trunks and stuff. You could easily deal with 5 adults,
        each with a cot and a footlocker, and still have a good bit of room.

        Lancaster, PA

        48)