Re: what is a character

  • eptrauma
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "sakuralover99"
      <sakuralover99@...> wrote:

      > my mom said i needed to make a character for the sca but dose the
      > character have to be a person that lived or are owr characters made up?

      (I'm assuming you're younger because you mention your mother. )
      If you want to get some ideas about people who lived in the middle
      ages, I recommend reading Catherine Called Birdy, The Midwife's
      Apprentice and Matilda Bone. These are all fictional books written
      about different characters in the middle ages, and they might give you
      some good ideas about what people did.
      The characters, or personas, as we call them, are made up, and can be
      as simple or as complex as you want. Some people make up a whole story
      that includes a time and place their character lived, and their
      profession. Others just choose a name and a country.
      You could ask your mother, or a teacher you like, or even a librarian
      at your local library, and i'm sure they'd be happy to help you find
      some books about the middle ages, so you could decide where and when
      you want your character to be from. Or, if your mom (or for that
      matter, any family member or friend) also plays in the SCA, you can
      use the same time and country as them.