Re: [SCA Newcomers] I'm new, trying my best, and lost at the start.

  • Sally
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
      I am finding that as my tastes and comforts develope in this area
      that 15th century has most choices to offer. If your persona is one
      that travels it opens you to more choices. Last summer was my first
      Pennsic and my clothing- all too heavy and binding for the weather
      sent me shopping for Indian and Roman attire! Far easier to dance
      in also! Comfort to me is key- and good shoes a MUST. Glinda Simone

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 1/11/2008 7:58:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >
      > <<Would anyone here know a
      > century to start with that had vast trade and simple clothing? I
      not
      > seeing the big picture anymore and need a nudge in the right
      direction.>>

      > How about 14th century England/France/italy, etc? Multinational
      trade fairs
      > where variants on a simple tunic (longer/shorter/more or less
      fitted) work
      > for men and a fairly simple set of gowns for women?
      >

      > Brangwayna Morgan
      > Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
      > Lancaster, PA
      >

      > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in