Jan. 18th Newcomers Revel-ations

  • Sandra Durling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2008
      Greetings to you all! Ah yes the new year has begun and already our calenders are filling up. I wanted to remind you all of a couple of things.

      NEW REVELS SCHEDULE

      1st Fridays - Revels, Potluck Feast, Dance, Social
      2nd Fridays - A&S Revels
      3rd Fridays - Newcomers Revel-ations
      4th Fridays - Heraldry/Heraldic Consultation
      5th Fridays - TBA

      1ST NEWCOMERS REVEL-ATIONS OF THE YEAR THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 18TH, at 7pm at the
      Beaverton Community Center (same place we have been having Revels and all other Revels will be held).
      12350 SW 5th Street, Suite 100, Beaverton, OR

      Map:

      https://www. beavertonoregon. gov/departments/ gis/maps/ current_Beaverto n_Community_ Center.pdf

      This Friday we'll be going over:

      What is the SCA?
      What is "a reasonable attempt"?
      Basic Garb
      Basic Feast Gear
      What is Feast Gear?
      And more...

      There will also be a raffle for newcomers and a wonderful time will be had. Please join me as we share in this wonderful society we call the SCA.

      In your service,
      Alessandra de Babuzza
      Chatelaine for the Shire of Dragon's Mist

      PLEASE REMEMBER:
      Revels is a DRY SITE.
      No live flame or wall decoration allowed.
      No animals (except service animals) allowed.
      Doors must remain closed and locked.
      No site fee is ever charged for Revels.
      No selling of anything is permitted at the site.
      There is a full kitchen with 2 microwaves, stove, oven, fridge & disposal on site.

      SPECIAL NOTE TO PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN:
      Children are always welcome, but no babysitting is provided. Our Pied Piper may sometimes bring activities for the children, but parents are asked to PLEASE be considerate of all the guests: PLEASE supervise your children to ensure no running, no yelling, no touching other's belongings, no damaging books or drawing on pamphlets & papers. Thank you for making Revels fun and relaxing for everyone!