Re: [SCA Newcomers] Need Advice on Making Outfit for FIrst Meeting

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      In a message dated 1/9/2008 8:50:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      sakuralover99@... writes:

      <<I am 10 and i will be going to my first sca meeting this weekend and
      need to know what i can use as a temporary outfit with what i have.>>

      Many SCA groups have clothes that you can borrow for your first few events.
      I would suggest contacting someone from the local group - may be the person
      who told you about the thing you are going to this weekend - and asking if
      there is any way you can borrow clothes. If that's not an option, then you
      could probably wear either a pair of tights or leggings that you can't see
      through (or pants that aren't blue jeans - dark-colored sweat pants as long as
      they don't have writing or sports stuff all over them would be good) and a long,
      plain shirt belonging to your mom or dad or an older person (so it is big on
      you) with a belt around the outside of the shirt.

      Lancaster, PA