Re: [SCA Newcomers] weddings

  • Bulgarelli Maria
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
      First of all, if you don't live in Mississippi you'll
      need to check the requirements for getting a license.

      I'd suggest getting in touch with someone in the area
      to find out if there's a SCAdian who can perform
      weddings in the area. That person will be able to
      tell you the requirements for getting a marriage
      license.

      If you live in another state you can't use that
      state's license in another state.

      Example - I live in Houston. I can't get a license
      here and then go to Mississippi and get married
      legally. I'd have to have a legal marriage here and
      could then do a Handfasting type of thing that isn't
      legal there. Or I'd have to get a marriage license in
      Mississippi and then could get married there.

      Try emailing seneschale.dragounsweal@.... She's
      the Seneschal of the shire in Hattiesburg which is
      near the Gulf War Site. She may know someone in the
      area who can help you.

      Lady Maria
      Coastal Regional Chronicler
      Kingdom of Ansteorra
      --- lesia carpenter <ben_leeza@...> wrote:

      > we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will
      > be having our
      > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to
      > perform the vows for
      > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you
      > for your time
      > Ben&Lesia

    • bethany_sells
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
        congratulations!!! how romantic!!

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" <ben_leeza@...>
        wrote:

        > we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our
        > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows
        for
        > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time
        > Ben&Lesia

      • PATRICIA BENTLEY
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 9, 2008
          congratulations on your wedding I think I may have a solution to your problem about someone performing the wedding first if you have someone in mind ask them to do it if they can they have to apply for a special liecense through the local clerks office its something like preist for a day or justice of peace for a day or something like that. go to your county clerks office and ask them about it they should know what you are talking about. If your state allows it
          Gisele

          To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: bethany_sells@...: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:34:06 +0000Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: weddings

          congratulations!!! how romantic!!--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" <ben_leeza@...> wrote:>> we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time > Ben&Lesia>

        • lisa brant
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 9, 2008
            thank you so much for your help,we did have some one that is a minister that will be there offer to do it for us .i am so excited thank you,lesia

            PATRICIA BENTLEY <shewolf128@...> wrote:
            congratulations on your wedding I think I may have a solution to your problem about someone performing the wedding first if you have someone in mind ask them to do it if they can they have to apply for a special liecense through the local clerks office its something like preist for a day or justice of peace for a day or something like that. go to your county clerks office and ask them about it they should know what you are talking about. If your state allows it
            Gisele

            To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: bethany_sells@...: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:34:06 +0000Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: weddings

            congratulations!!! how romantic!!--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" wrote:>> we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time > Ben&Lesia>

            Yahoo! Groups Links