weddings

  • lesia carpenter
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2008
      we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our
      wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for
      us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time
      Ben&Lesia
    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
        On Monday 07 January 2008 01:03:05 lesia carpenter wrote:
        > we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our
        > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for
        > us      if any one can help PLEASE DO     thank you for your time

        You may want to contact the event organizers for Gulf Wars (they should be
        listed on the event web site), for a couple of reasons:

        1. There may be an available list of on-site clergy for weddings.

        2. If you end up needing to bring someone from outside to officiate, the
        event staff will let you know the policies for how to do this.

        I've never been to Gulf Wars, but I know that there are published policies
        at Pennsic for how to bring in off-site clergy for weddings.

        Kind regards and congratulations!

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Bulgarelli Maria
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
          First of all, if you don't live in Mississippi you'll
          need to check the requirements for getting a license.

          I'd suggest getting in touch with someone in the area
          to find out if there's a SCAdian who can perform
          weddings in the area. That person will be able to
          tell you the requirements for getting a marriage
          license.

          If you live in another state you can't use that
          state's license in another state.

          Example - I live in Houston. I can't get a license
          here and then go to Mississippi and get married
          legally. I'd have to have a legal marriage here and
          could then do a Handfasting type of thing that isn't
          legal there. Or I'd have to get a marriage license in
          Mississippi and then could get married there.

          Try emailing seneschale.dragounsweal@.... She's
          the Seneschal of the shire in Hattiesburg which is
          near the Gulf War Site. She may know someone in the
          area who can help you.

          Lady Maria
          Coastal Regional Chronicler
          Kingdom of Ansteorra
          --- lesia carpenter <ben_leeza@...> wrote:

          > we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will
          > be having our
          > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to
          > perform the vows for
          > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you
          > for your time
          > Ben&Lesia

        • bethany_sells
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
            congratulations!!! how romantic!!

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" <ben_leeza@...>
            wrote:

            > we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our
            > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows
            for
            > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time
            > Ben&Lesia

          • PATRICIA BENTLEY
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 9, 2008
              congratulations on your wedding I think I may have a solution to your problem about someone performing the wedding first if you have someone in mind ask them to do it if they can they have to apply for a special liecense through the local clerks office its something like preist for a day or justice of peace for a day or something like that. go to your county clerks office and ask them about it they should know what you are talking about. If your state allows it
              Gisele

              To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: bethany_sells@...: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:34:06 +0000Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: weddings

              congratulations!!! how romantic!!--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" <ben_leeza@...> wrote:>> we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time > Ben&Lesia>

            • lisa brant
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 9, 2008
                thank you so much for your help,we did have some one that is a minister that will be there offer to do it for us .i am so excited thank you,lesia

                PATRICIA BENTLEY <shewolf128@...> wrote:
                congratulations on your wedding I think I may have a solution to your problem about someone performing the wedding first if you have someone in mind ask them to do it if they can they have to apply for a special liecense through the local clerks office its something like preist for a day or justice of peace for a day or something like that. go to your county clerks office and ask them about it they should know what you are talking about. If your state allows it
                Gisele

                To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: bethany_sells@...: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:34:06 +0000Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: weddings

                congratulations!!! how romantic!!--- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lesia carpenter" wrote:>> we met at gulf wars three years back and now we will be having our > wedding at 2008 gulf wars and we need some one to perform the vows for > us if any one can help PLEASE DO thank you for your time > Ben&Lesia>

                Yahoo! Groups Links