Re: shopping

  • mywildchild_2000
    Message 1 of 2565 , Apr 8, 2001
      why not make a tabbard for the guy that he can
      wear over one of his long sleeve shirts? Not much
      measuring, cutting, or sewing involved with that, and you
      can buy cord for a belt fairly cheaply if he does not
      have a plain leather belt that would work. I have
      found that most people are VERY understanding about a
      persons first event, and all they ask is that an attempt
      at garb be made. A tabbard works perfectly well, and
      then if they decide they are going to get into the SCA
      and become more active, then make them more garb.<br>
      The lady could do the same thing, only make a long
      plain undertunic and then a tabbard to go over it. A
      little more sewing than for the man, but not as much as
      a chemise and bodice, and certainly not as much
      measuring. Put a little trim on it, a nice cord belt, and
      there you go.<br> And just a little sewing tip I
      learned way back when I used to have to sew in my
      bedroom... get a large sheet of cardboard, like from a
      fridge box, and lay it on the bed. You can use that
      space for cutting out your pattern, and because of the
      cardboard, you do not have to worry about your sheets or
      mattress.<br><br>Grainne
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003