Re: bringing in new members: advice needed

  • Sadira Aka Ziddina Ait Zumar
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2007
      I was looking through the SCA groups and found a small
      one, "poorehouse", focused (according to its 'charter') on: "This
      group is for college-aged people with an interest in learning about
      the Middle Ages as part of a service orientated household. We are
      interested in introducing people who desire to learn and live the
      arts and sciences of the Middle Ages to the cultural group known as
      the Society for Creative Anachronism through hands on service to the
      SCA community as a whole. We are inviting students and mentors to
      join our group discussion on how best to achieve a friendly
      environment for newcomers"

      No real action on their list yet, but maybe a good list to get
      started on??? Ziddina

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Paige <viltare@...> wrote:

      > I've played for several years----and I've got a bit
      > of a situation... I have a lot of LARPy friends who--I
      > think--would LOVE the SCA. Unfortunately, the three groups within
      100 miles
      > of me are a bit...I apologize, there's no kind way to say
      this...older than
      > my friends and I.... My friends are
      > mostly college-students.... Does anyone have any advice on how I
      might create an environment where I can