RE: [SCA Newcomers] Re: MPS-Multiple Persona Syndrome (Was cloak)

  • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
      LOL! ;)

      From: "Chris Chastain" <ckchastain@...>
      personas - this is a scream!! He's his own great-great
      grandfather/great-great grandson! Siding<<<<<<

      Must be from Alabama or West Virginia

      Remembering who we are by remembering who we were!

      Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
      - Samurai maxim

      Image24

      _,_.___
      Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
      Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar
      MARKETPLACE

      Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net.

      12New Members
      Visit Your Group
      Only on Yahoo!
      Star Wars galaxy
      Create a profile
      and meet fans.
      Yahoo! News
      Get it all here
      Breaking news to
      entertainment news
      Dog Zone
      on Yahoo! Groups
      Join a Group
      all about dogs..

    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2007
        Good evening, all. Your friendly neighborhood Moderator here with a couple
        of gentle netiquette reminders for the list...

        > Must be from Alabama or West Virginia

        As one who is from a rural part of Missouri, I need to remind all that
        regional stereotypes aren't appropriate here. How would you feel if you
        were from ______ and someone else implied that everyone from ______ was
        inbred? I know the intent here was gentle humor, not ridicule, but please
        refrain. Both of the states listed above have significant SCA populations,
        an some of those folks are probably on this list.

        Also, could people who change the topic of a thread please remember to
        alter the subject line? This makes the archives a lot more useful to
        future visitors, and also helps people who get this list in digest form
        and want to skim the list of message subjects quickly. There have been
        a lot of replies to recent "political" threads where the reply is actually
        about fabric selection, dyeing techniques, and such, and so the messages
        may be of great interest to a different group of readers. I'd hate to see
        people overlook an interesting educational thread because the subject
        lines didn't match the content. :-)

        All of the above is meant constructively, and nobody is "in trouble" or
        being sanctiond. I'm just doing what a Moderator needs to do, offering
        a gentle nudge to keep the list on track.

        I now return you to your discussion of more interesting things. Have a
        great evening, and thanks for listening.

        keys fesswise reversed sable.

      • Jeff Suzuki
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
          Just catching up on email...

          I myself have three personas, though they're situational, not seasonal (I don't agree with the "It's summer so I'll be Arab" persona changes...they had seasons in period, after all, and they dealt with them in various ways). William teaches and sings, Fujimoto fights and storytells, and Alessandro performs on stage.

          This is why I usually sign myself,
          Jeffs/etc.