Re: shopping

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2565 , Apr 7, 2001
      Oof!<br><br>That it a difficult one. To look even
      barely reasonable, buy it off the rack (so to speak) and
      still be inexpensive. I wish I knew! I would buy
      too!!<br>If they are can sew the best would probably be to
      buy some of the rather decent patterns that Simplicty
      or McCalls have these days and make them up. Of
      course, that can be an investment in time. You can try
      The Renstore at
      reasonable. Your best bet may be to modify something mundane.
      A floor length skirt of a plain, simple, natural
      fabric with a peasant-type blouse of the same sort of
      stuff will go a long way. A white sack-cloth towel
      makes a good head covering if pulled back under the
      hair. Mind you, it is not high-Elizabethan!<br>My
      recommendation is to find garb they can borrow rather than buy.
      Some local amateur theatres will rent costumes. Or you
      may even have a local costume shop that rents
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003