Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: [MODERATOR] Mongol clothing (was Arriving in mundanes? and, Persona help?)

  • Wolfy
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 7, 2007
      Actually, Justin. I was trying to go into that direction when I spent
      two days getting to the merchant and getting his opinion on the issue.
      As far as I know Mongol boots were of a number of styles for different
      seasons and constructed of a number of materials and the boots made of
      hard leather did have the turned-up-nose look. The reason was simple,
      it is easier to put your feet through the stirrups (actually field
      tested).
      I honestly do not know how the Mongol footwear evolved through the
      ages. What I do know, though, is that there were boots constructed out
      of silk that had the "flat" look. This same boot is displayed in
      Ulaabaatar museum. And while I have not been in the museum myself, the
      person being complained about... the person in charge of the
      NYCMongol... was there in person and goes there every year.

      Leonid failed to provide any valuable references. Instead he stated
      that he does not want to talk about it... every time he replied to
      it... and after 2-3 paragraphs of not supported "facts". All I asked
      for is to either buck up your words or stop badmouthing honest
      merchants.

      ~Wolfy

    • kathyg@hiwaay.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 26, 2008
        Greetings,

        I am interested in transportation to and from Gulf War.

        I just thought there may be a new person with a vehicle and NO gas money that
        may be interested in teaming up with a veteran with some gas money, but NO
        vehicle. Also, I would be glad to give some guidance in helping you attend
        your first War.

        After being in the SCA for about 20 years, I have the grab, camping equipment,
        and all that stuff, but my mini-van is worn out and does not run any more, and
        being on disablity, I am not able to afford a replacement. So, I am wondering,
        if anyone is looking for an additional passager that can help pay for the gas?
        I am located in Huntsville, Alabama, just off I-65, which runs between
        Nashville, Tn and Birmingham, Alabama. If your route to Gulf Wars takes you
        close by, and you would like to pick up another paying passager, I would like
        to talk with you about working out some transportation. Since I do not work, I
        am open to going any day, the earlyer in the week, the better.

        Thank you,

        Alara

        Lady Alara MacGregor of Perth
        Kingdom of Meridies