[SCA Newcomers] Re: Huzahh, I Finished my first Tunic, and Cape

  • leonid_akulov
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 4, 2007
      Gavin, I'm not far from you (Bentonshire) and I may be able to hook
      you up with some good people from Markaster or Wywernwood... or we
      can meet at the event so you're not alone. Please contact me off list
      (al_29@...) if interested.

      Leonid Akulov

      P.S. I'm going to T4T this Sat.

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Oakes, George" <goakes@...>

      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 22, 2007
        --It's great that you were able to find many treasures to make your
        garb with. A couple years ago through an associate,I was shown how to
        make a t tunic dress with a couple different types of sleeves. I made
        myself one and one for each of my daughters. My oldest daughter at
        that time thought they were awesome.(We attended an event only this
        one time)...... She is a very newcomer(2 weeks) to the whole SCA
        thing that I didnt know until recently that she has been going to
        meetings and fighter practice for archery. She quickly realized that
        the type of sleeves of her dress got quite in the way of the bow
        string. So off we go again to make a proper garb for her new
        interest. We are hoping we have it sewn by Jan. 26th. Wish us luck.
        Thanks .- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "George" <goakes@...>