RE: [SCA Newcomers] Huzahh, I Finished my first Tunic, and Cape

  • Oakes, George
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 4, 2007
      Greetings group,

      Well you have all given me great advice about fabrics and such. And I
      understand about the look & feel of fabrics and the mundane necessities
      we have around us. I will take all your advise and check out the fabric
      stores, and look online as well.

      Peace
      Gavin

      ________________________________

      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 22, 2007
        --It's great that you were able to find many treasures to make your
        garb with. A couple years ago through an associate,I was shown how to
        make a t tunic dress with a couple different types of sleeves. I made
        myself one and one for each of my daughters. My oldest daughter at
        that time thought they were awesome.(We attended an event only this
        one time)...... She is a very newcomer(2 weeks) to the whole SCA
        thing that I didnt know until recently that she has been going to
        meetings and fighter practice for archery. She quickly realized that
        the type of sleeves of her dress got quite in the way of the bow
        string. So off we go again to make a proper garb for her new
        interest. We are hoping we have it sewn by Jan. 26th. Wish us luck.
        Thanks .- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "George" <goakes@...>