Re: [SCA Newcomers] Arriving in mundanes? and, Persona help?

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2007
      On Friday 30 November 2007 17:27, Carrie McGinnis wrote:
      > It's so interesting that this should come up. Going through a McDonalds
      > drive through in full garb just gives me giggle fits.

      An interesting bit of IKA (inter-kingdom anthropology) is that around this
      part of the Midrealm, that sort of thing is often called "farbling", though
      I now understand that the word "farble" has an entirely different meaning
      in other locales. :-)

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • kathyg@hiwaay.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 26, 2008
        Greetings,

        I am interested in transportation to and from Gulf War.

        I just thought there may be a new person with a vehicle and NO gas money that
        may be interested in teaming up with a veteran with some gas money, but NO
        vehicle. Also, I would be glad to give some guidance in helping you attend
        your first War.

        After being in the SCA for about 20 years, I have the grab, camping equipment,
        and all that stuff, but my mini-van is worn out and does not run any more, and
        being on disablity, I am not able to afford a replacement. So, I am wondering,
        if anyone is looking for an additional passager that can help pay for the gas?
        I am located in Huntsville, Alabama, just off I-65, which runs between
        Nashville, Tn and Birmingham, Alabama. If your route to Gulf Wars takes you
        close by, and you would like to pick up another paying passager, I would like
        to talk with you about working out some transportation. Since I do not work, I
        am open to going any day, the earlyer in the week, the better.

        Thank you,

        Alara

        Lady Alara MacGregor of Perth
        Kingdom of Meridies