Arriving in mundanes? and, Persona help?

  • Eva
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 29, 2007
      I have two questions...

      On Saturday, I am going to the Pots and Pens event in Bloomington,
      IL. It's my second event; the first time, I wore my garb to the
      event, so I was all medieval when I got to the check in table.
      However, this Saturday, it's supposed to be cold and snowy/rainy, so
      I want to wear mundanes, get there and check in, and then change.
      Is that normal, or is it weird/rude to arrive in mundanes?

      Also, I sent a check ahead to cover my entrance and meals; I just
      made a copy before I mailed. I plan to bring that with me in case
      there is a problem. Do I need to plan on anything else for check
      in? At my last event, I came later in the day and "troll" was
      closed, so they let me in as a free guest. (Quite nice of them! I
      was prepared to pay.) So I am not sure what to expect at check in.

      On another topic, I saw that you guys were helping our soon-to-be-
      French friend with his naming process. May I beg the same support
      in my quest? I have a very specific persona in mind: I want to be a
      woman born in England around the time of the Black Death (circa
      1348) and living in the time of the Peasant Rebellion of 1381. (I'm
      a couple years off in age, but close enough!) I would like her to
      be from Kent or nearby, so that she can be in the thick of the
      revolt. I haven't decided if she is a peasant or higher up the food
      chain (and thus at more risk of being attacked!). I am a writer and
      might even develop stories about this character as I build her out.

      I did some reading, in part of the St. Gabriel page, and I really
      like the name Elianora - if I'm understanding the page properly, I
      think it would have been a name in existence at the time, but I"m
      not sure if it's the right region, popular enough in that era, etc.
      Also, I'm not sure what last name she should have and what "class"
      her last name would indicate. I'm also tempted to choose the last
      name Tyler, because I like the revolt leader, Wat Tyler - but that
      might make it seem like my character is a wannabe historical figure,
      like a family member of the real Wat Tyler.

      Sorry, I've written quite a long email, here... Any input is
      appreciated!

      -Eva
    • kathyg@hiwaay.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 26, 2008
        Greetings,

        I am interested in transportation to and from Gulf War.

        I just thought there may be a new person with a vehicle and NO gas money that
        may be interested in teaming up with a veteran with some gas money, but NO
        vehicle. Also, I would be glad to give some guidance in helping you attend
        your first War.

        After being in the SCA for about 20 years, I have the grab, camping equipment,
        and all that stuff, but my mini-van is worn out and does not run any more, and
        being on disablity, I am not able to afford a replacement. So, I am wondering,
        if anyone is looking for an additional passager that can help pay for the gas?
        I am located in Huntsville, Alabama, just off I-65, which runs between
        Nashville, Tn and Birmingham, Alabama. If your route to Gulf Wars takes you
        close by, and you would like to pick up another paying passager, I would like
        to talk with you about working out some transportation. Since I do not work, I
        am open to going any day, the earlyer in the week, the better.

        Thank you,

        Alara

        Lady Alara MacGregor of Perth
        Kingdom of Meridies