Trying to find a group.... grrrr....

  • Michael Schaap
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
      Well, hello all. My name is Michael and I have been trying to find a
      local group. I've gone through all the sites with the maps and all....
      just the links dont seem to work... or the email is not valid. I live
      in Northville, MI (48167) and have found a few groups.... not too far...
      but then again not too close either (one in Ann Arbor, oy.... the
      thought of having to drive all the way to Ann Arbor....in the dark no
      less.... not very comforting).

      Would anyone know of a group closer to me?
    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007
        Quoth "Michael Schaap":
        > Well, hello all. My name is Michael and I have been trying to find a
        > local group. I've gone through all the sites with the maps and all....
        > just the links dont seem to work... or the email is not valid. I live
        > in Northville, MI (48167) and have found a few groups.... not too far...
        > but then again not too close either (one in Ann Arbor, oy.... the
        > thought of having to drive all the way to Ann Arbor....in the dark no
        > less.... not very comforting).
        >
        > Would anyone know of a group closer to me?

        Looking at the map at
        http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/Pentamere_pages/Pentamere.htm
        I think you'd be in either the Canton of Brackendelve or the Canton of
        Fasach Mor.

        Brackendelve's chatelaine is Lucy (chatelaine@...), and
        their webpage is http://www.brackendelve.org/. I can't find a chatelaine
        for Fasach Mor, but their seneschal (president) is Maximilian der Zauberer,
        and his email is scheltem@.... I would try contacting both of them.

        If you don't get a response, you can always try emailing Baroness Susan
        O Dell, at chatelaine@...; she is the newcomers organizer
        for the kingdom of the Middle, and she should be able to put you in touch
        with a contact near you.

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007
          On Wednesday 28 November 2007 00:02, Michael Schaap wrote:
          > Well, hello all.  My name is Michael and I have been trying to find a
          > local group.  I've gone through all the sites with the maps and all....
          > just the links dont seem to work... or the email is not valid.  I live
          > in Northville, MI (48167) and have found a few groups.... not too far...
          > but then again not too close either (one in Ann Arbor, oy.... the
          > thought of having to drive all the way to Ann Arbor....in the dark no
          > less.... not very comforting).
          >
          > Would anyone know of a group closer to me?

          Have you looked at the contact info at the official Midrealm web site?

          http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorun#Pentamere

          Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
        • tasuil
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
            Hello Michael;
            I had the very same problem - so I went to Yahoo Groups
            and type in "SCA MI" go through and this will get you to your area,
            plus people will respond very quickly..
            Hope this helps!
            Callekin DeFleur

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Justinos Tekton called Justin

            http://4th.com/sca/justin/
            > PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

          • Nicole E. Miller
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
              Hi Michael. Welcome

              Try this link to the Midrealm Cartographer. Its interactive and seems to have quite a bit of detail.
              http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/Pentamere_pages/Pentamere.htm

              By zip code you are in The Canton of Fasach Mor within the Barony of Roaring Wastes http://www.roaringwastes.org/

              Contacting the Chateline will be your best bet.
              According their website she is Kalara Madarasz
              chatelaine@...

              Hope this helps

              Lady Sian verch Gwilim

              =============

              <justin@...> wrote:

              > On Wednesday 28 November 2007 00:02, Michael Schaap wrote:
              > > Well, hello all.  My name is Michael and I have been trying to
              find a
              > > local group.  I've gone through all the sites with the maps and
              all....
              > > just the links dont seem to work... or the email is not valid.
               I live
              > > in Northville, MI (48167) and have found a few groups.... not
              too far...
              > > but then again not too close either (one in Ann Arbor, oy.... the
              > > thought of having to drive all the way to Ann Arbor....in the
              dark no
              > > less.... not very comforting).
              > >
              > > Would anyone know of a group closer to me?
              >
              > Have you looked at the contact info at the official Midrealm web
              site?

              > http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorun#Pentamere
              >
              > Justin
              >
              > --
              xxxx()

              > Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal
              >
              > justin@...
              http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              > PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

            • Megan & Dave