Re: [SCA Newcomers] Curing wood

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2007
      Patti wrote:
      > What is the best way to dry/cure maple?. . .shire of Ravenslake area;
      > so no balmy winters here!. . .

      There are a lot of wood-workers in the Medieval Encampments Yahoo!
      it's one of the group's focus skills, according to the description on
      the homepage.) I bet some of them have experience in this area, and
      would be willing to help.

      The Carolingia Woodworkers Yahoo! Group
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/carolingia-woodworkers/> is based in the
      Barony of Carolingia, in the East Kingdom, but appears to accept
      members from elsewhere. Someone there can almost certainly make
      recommendations.

      I couldn't find any reference to a woodworkers' guild in the Middle
      Kingdom (which is where Ravenslake is, for those who might not be
      sure), but there is an "Ask a Laurel" link on the kingdom's website
      <http://laurel.midrealm.org/>. If you use it, you might be put in
      touch with someone local (or at least nearby) who can give you reliable
      advice.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra