Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hi!

  • jay davis
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      sure and you know he is just jealuos. he must live in (ugh) ansteorra.
      he is not able to be part of the great kingdom of trimaris. john of
      antioche

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "David Whitehead"
      <talrath2002@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to our great society, even if you have to join (ugh) trimaris. <
      > ;-) > But seriously forks, welcome and may you find happiness in
      what ever
      > path you choose to follow. Be it cloth, leather, metal, or the many many
      > other disciplines that there are to pursue in this wonderful
      collection of
      > misfits that we call home.
      >
      > Lord Wolfgang von der Eiffel
      > Barony of Bjornsborg
      > Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra
      >
      > p.s. kill....err see you at gulf wars.

    • Elizabeth Bair
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hi Medicman! I sent you an email with some information about Trimaris,
        contacts for groups in your local area and some resources you might be
        interested in checking out, including our kingdom social mailing list.

        Welcome to Trimaris!

        Dulcia

        On 10/31/07, medicman1111 <medicman1111@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone, I'm new and am trying to get information to join. I had
        > heard about SCA several years ago from a co-worker who is a member and
        > I moved and have not been able to find a correct contact for the
        > information. I am from Orlando and need info for this joining that
        > kingdom. If anybody could put me in contact with the correct person or
        > have them contact me i would be very grateful.
        > Thank you all!

      • Elizabeth Bair
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hi! I wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I will have to answer
          your questions early next week. I'm on my way out of town to work at an
          event not far from Orlando this weekend.
          http://www.melessee.org/jerusalem/home.html

          I didn't want to leave and let you think that I was ignoring your email.
          I'll write again after I get back. You are more than welcome to drop by the
          event. I will be working but can answer questions and there should be a
          local Hospitaller on site as well and someone can probably find you some
          garb to borrow.

          Anyway - I'm off!

          Dulcia

          On 10/31/07, medicman1111 <medicman1111@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone, I'm new and am trying to get information to join. I had
          > heard about SCA several years ago from a co-worker who is a member and
          > I moved and have not been able to find a correct contact for the
          > information. I am from Orlando and need info for this joining that
          > kingdom. If anybody could put me in contact with the correct person or
          > have them contact me i would be very grateful.
          > Thank you all!

        • nikki.doherty
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 16, 2009
            Hello everyone!

            I'm in Port Moody, BC, planning on being in the Barony of Lion's Gate. I met my husband playing Neverwinter Nights online and thought it would be fun to do something similar in real life. In two weeks will be our very first bransle and I'll be there along with my somewhat reluctant husband, my Deaf friend, and possibly my two English friends.

            We raided a thrift store today to get some fabric to sew up some garb and grabbed a few plates.

            Is there anything else we should know, do, plan for? And is anyone else from Tir Righ on here? :)

            Nikki (who hasnt picked a name yet)
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 17, 2009
              In a message dated 3/17/2009 6:17:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              nikki.doherty@... writes:

              <<Is there anything else we should know, do, plan for? And is anyone else
              from Tir Righ on here? :)>>

              If there is a court or something similar going on, contact the autocrat
              (person in charge of the event) and ask if a silent herald (a herald who signs)
              will be present to interpret for your Deaf friend. Actually, it would be nice to
              have one around anyway to teach your friend some of the SCA-specific signs
              that we use.

              Welcome!

              Lancaster, PA
              steps!
              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
              %3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)

            • Emily
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
                I'm in Washington state but I'm close! Welcome!
                If you come south to some Seattle/Everet events I hope to meet you.

                I'm thinking about your question, "is there anything else we should know?"

                A couple of things come to mind.

                Call everyone m'lord and m'lady until your introduced, then you'll know if they have a title you should be useing. Lord and Lady are for folks with the AoA award. The titles get bigger as the awards and deeds get bigger.
                Along with the plates you might want to grab some mugs or heavy old wine glasses and silverware and bowls. At alot of events it's expected for folks to bring their own feasting gear. But someone almost always has some to spare too. :)

                Most importantly just have a good time. SCAers are THE nicest and most friendly folks in the world. Find a smiling face and introduce yourself. You'll get taken right in and be family in no time!

                Emily G

                I don't know if you have these links so I'll put them here at the bottom.
                Your local groups
                http://www.antir.sca.org/Map/branches.php?reg=Tir%20Righ
                Guide for newcomers on the main site.
                http://www.sca.org/officers/chatelain/newcomers.html
              • Trish Mickelsen
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
                  Hi Emily,  I'm Patricia from the Shire of Wyewood.
                   Hugs & Kisses,
                  Trish

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 18, 2009
                    Welcome Nikki!

                    I am also in Tir Righ. I'm in Kelowna (Shire of Danescombe). I went to my first event in February. That was pretty much how I started to. I actually rented garb from my local costume shop and hit the thrift store for feast gear. Enjoy!

                    YIS
                    Meave of Driscoll