Hi! I'm new and Computer Problems

  • Sadira Aka Ziddina Ait Zumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
      Thanks to all who very kindly lent their voices and wonderful
      suggestions to my problem! I will be utilizing most of those
      suggestions. I did have a neighbor (who was the systems analyst for an
      international corporation until she recently retired) look at the
      offending website, and she pointed out several features that were
      actually working, that apparently the frustrated newcomer had missed.
      It seems that the site mostly just needs updating and perhaps a few more
      live links, and we do have other groups in the area who have
      successfully gotten theirs up and running. Hopefully we can ask our
      poor swamped Webmistress if we can help, without offending her.

      Perhaps I shouldn't have brought up my 'stuff' about the disappointments
      I've felt, but when I was a rank beginner I joined the SCA with stars in
      my eyes. I had played briefly with a very small group in a rural area,
      so when I moved to a Metro area and joined, I thought I was joining a
      "Sanctuary". Unfortunately, I forgot that this organization, like any
      other open to the general public, is going to have that bell-shaped
      curve; some genuinely nice people at one end, a gradual descent through
      the decent people down to the somewhat undesirable, gruff, and tactless
      ones on the other end. Just so we're really clear on this, I was
      unfortunately in the gruff, tactless end. Hopefully I've gotten out of
      that area at this point. But I am honest - brutally so - and that's not
      always the case with a certain few.

      Indeed, I'm very impressed with the general honesty that I've found
      among 99% of the SCA'ers. I just don't have the 'eyes' to see past the
      occasional facade...

      I'm so happy to have found this group! I still feel like a newcomer,
      and people here are so supportive! Thanks again! Ziddina

    • ckchastain@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
        Shucks golly gee wiz, your welcome!

        Dmitrii

[...]

      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
          On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:57, Sadira Aka Ziddina Ait Zumar wrote:
          > Indeed, I'm very impressed with the general honesty that I've found
          > among 99% of the SCA'ers.  I just don't have the 'eyes' to see past the
          > occasional facade...

          30,000 paid members, 20,000 non-member participants.
          99% decent folk. 1% jerks.

          Crunching the math, that still leaves 500 jerks. But the good news is, you
          can mostly ignore them and play with the 49,500 decent folk instead.

          keys fesswise reversed sable.

        • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
            LOL!!! :)) That's great! By the way, I like your 'swords' under your signature!

            From: Justinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>