Re: [SCA Newcomers] 12th night

  • Jibra'il 'Attar.
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2007
      On 10/20/07, shywolf128 <shewolf128@...> wrote:
      > What to wear? if this an important party I don't to wear something unappropriate.

      YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) from Kingdom to Kingdom, group to group,
      on how big of an event Twelfth Night is.

      Here in Calontir, Twelfth Night tends to be a time for people to get
      together, wear either their finest or newest garb creations, meet and
      greet old friends without the interruption of meetings all day (unlike
      Kris Kinder Marker), and hand out Twelfth Night gifts (little tokens
      of thanks and appreciation) to our SCA Family and Friends.

      So in essence, it's a big event for the most part...but if all you
      have is a T-tunic and pair of harem pants...no one is going to say
      "Boo" about it. It's a time to celebrate our SCA friendships and
      families for the most part...not what everyone is wearing. [[Though if
      you happen to be part of a fabric-loving household...it CAN be all
      about what everyone is wearing and how much we want THAT fabric....]]

      Jibra'il
      * one of those fabric lovers...