Re: S.C.A. near Carver, MA (was: where can this new comer find a meeting close by)

  • shywolf128
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach

      <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
      > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
      > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
      from
      > you as Fall River.)
      >
      > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
      > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
      help
      > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
      > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
      join
      > their Yahoo! Group
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
      getting to
      > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
      > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
      >

      > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
      is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
    • shywolf128
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
          <Coblaith@...> wrote:

          > shywolf128 wrote:
          > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
          to me
          > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
          tight
          > > gas buget.
          >
          > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
          > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes
          are
          > held in Buzzards Bay
          <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
          > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
          > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
          from
          > you as Fall River.)
          >
          > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
          > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
          help
          > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
          > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
          join
          > their Yahoo! Group
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
          getting to
          > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
          > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
          >

          > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
          is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
        • Phil
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
            Coblaith how did you make out?

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "shywolf128" <shewolf128@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            > <Coblaith@> wrote:
            > >
            > > shywolf128 wrote:
            > > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
            > to me
            > > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
            > tight
            > > > gas buget.
            > >
            > > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
            > > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences
            classes
            > are
            > > held in Buzzards Bay
            > <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
            > > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
            > > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far
            away
            > from
            > > you as Fall River.)
            > >
            > > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
            > > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job
            > help
            > > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
            > > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could
            also
            > join
            > > their Yahoo! Group
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
            > getting to
            > > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're
            any
            > > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
            > >

            > > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            > >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
            > is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help

          • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
              Phil asked:
              > Coblaith how did you make out?

              I think you mean, "shywolf128, how did you make out?" I wasn't the one
              who was looking for a group; I just sent a couple of suggestions as to
              how to contact one.

              I'm doing just fine, though. Thanks for asking. :0)

              Coblaith Mhuimhneach
              Barony of Bryn Gwlad
              Kingdom of Ansteorra
              <mailto:Coblaith@...>
            • Philip Packard
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
                Ok, just checking.  She is doing well too, lol :)  We get a report of someone looking for information every once and while and not getting it.  So we try to watch.

                Glad you are doing well and greetings from Smoking Rocks

                Philippe Provost

                <mailto:Coblaith@sbcglobal. net>