S.C.A. near Carver, MA (was: where can this new comer find a meeting close by)

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
      shywolf128 wrote:
      > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer to me
      > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a tight
      > gas buget.

      I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
      <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes are
      held in Buzzards Bay <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
      don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
      <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away from
      you as Fall River.)

      It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
      <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to help
      introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
      contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also join
      their Yahoo! Group
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start getting to
      know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
      carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    • shywolf128
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        <Coblaith@...> wrote:

        > shywolf128 wrote:
        > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
        to me
        > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
        tight
        > > gas buget.
        >
        > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
        > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes
        are
        > held in Buzzards Bay
        <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
        > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
        > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
        from
        > you as Fall River.)
        >
        > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
        > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
        help
        > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
        > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
        join
        > their Yahoo! Group
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
        getting to
        > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
        > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
        >

        > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
        is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
      • shywolf128
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
            <Coblaith@...> wrote:

            > shywolf128 wrote:
            > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
            to me
            > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
            tight
            > > gas buget.
            >
            > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
            > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes
            are
            > held in Buzzards Bay
            <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
            > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
            > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
            from
            > you as Fall River.)
            >
            > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
            > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
            help
            > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
            > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
            join
            > their Yahoo! Group
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
            getting to
            > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
            > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
            >

            > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
            is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
          • Phil
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
              Coblaith how did you make out?

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "shywolf128" <shewolf128@...>

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
                Phil asked:
                > Coblaith how did you make out?

                I think you mean, "shywolf128, how did you make out?" I wasn't the one
                who was looking for a group; I just sent a couple of suggestions as to
                how to contact one.

                I'm doing just fine, though. Thanks for asking. :0)

                Coblaith Mhuimhneach
                Barony of Bryn Gwlad
                Kingdom of Ansteorra
                <mailto:Coblaith@...>
              • Philip Packard
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
                  Ok, just checking.  She is doing well too, lol :)  We get a report of someone looking for information every once and while and not getting it.  So we try to watch.

                  Glad you are doing well and greetings from Smoking Rocks

                  Philippe Provost

                  <mailto:Coblaith@sbcglobal. net>