where can this new comer find a meeting close by

  • shywolf128
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2007
      I am in carver MA and that puts me in the east kingdom and I was
      wondering is there any where closer to me to catch a meeting besides
      Fall River as I am a single mom on a tight gas buget.
    • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
        shywolf128 wrote:
        > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer to me
        > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a tight
        > gas buget.

        I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
        <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes are
        held in Buzzards Bay <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
        don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
        <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away from
        you as Fall River.)

        It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
        <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to help
        introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
        contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also join
        their Yahoo! Group
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start getting to
        know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
        carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.

        Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      • shywolf128
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          <Coblaith@...> wrote:

          > shywolf128 wrote:
          > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
          to me
          > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
          tight
          > > gas buget.
          >
          > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
          > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes
          are
          > held in Buzzards Bay
          <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
          > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
          > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
          from
          > you as Fall River.)
          >
          > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
          > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
          help
          > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
          > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
          join
          > their Yahoo! Group
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
          getting to
          > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
          > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
          >

          > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
          is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
        • shywolf128
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14, 2007
              <Coblaith@...> wrote:

              > shywolf128 wrote:
              > > I am in carver MA. . .I was wondering is there any where closer
              to me
              > > to catch a meeting besides Fall River as I am a single mom on a
              tight
              > > gas buget.
              >
              > I *think* you're going to be in the Barony of Smoking Rocks
              > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/>. Their Arts & Sciences classes
              are
              > held in Buzzards Bay
              <http://www.smokingrocksartsandsciences.com/>. (I
              > don't know your area, but "How Far Is It"
              > <http://www.indo.com/distance/> says that's about half as far away
              from
              > you as Fall River.)
              >
              > It would be a good idea to contact their Chatelaine
              > <http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/contacts.html>. It's her job to
              help
              > introduce you to the Society, and she might be able to put you in
              > contact with someone with whom you can ride-share. You could also
              join
              > their Yahoo! Group
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baronyofsmokingrocks/>, start
              getting to
              > know who's who through that, and maybe check to see if there're any
              > carpooling options from your place to where everything's going on.
              >

              > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
              >actuall buzzards bay is about 15min from my house where fall river
              is about an hour if traffic isn't bad thank you for the help
            • Phil
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
                Coblaith how did you make out?

                --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "shywolf128" <shewolf128@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
                  Phil asked:
                  > Coblaith how did you make out?

                  I think you mean, "shywolf128, how did you make out?" I wasn't the one
                  who was looking for a group; I just sent a couple of suggestions as to
                  how to contact one.

                  I'm doing just fine, though. Thanks for asking. :0)

                  Coblaith Mhuimhneach
                  Barony of Bryn Gwlad
                  Kingdom of Ansteorra
                  <mailto:Coblaith@...>
                • Philip Packard
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
                    Ok, just checking.  She is doing well too, lol :)  We get a report of someone looking for information every once and while and not getting it.  So we try to watch.

                    Glad you are doing well and greetings from Smoking Rocks

                    Philippe Provost

                    <mailto:Coblaith@sbcglobal. net>