[SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
      It certainly isn't the end of the world if you do the things on the
      don't list. However there are stories in abundance of people who
      truly wish they had not. The point of the don'ts listed is to get
      people to take some time before they make major decisions.

      Every one of my newcomers and "graduated" newcomers have a story to
      tell about why they are very happy they followed the advice in one way
      or another. Almost all of which I heard well after the fact. Of
      course I know some folks that everything worked out with as well. But
      they seem to be the exception.

      Just some friendly advice from a Chatelain.

      Ian

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, julian wilson <smnco37@...> wrote:

      > Pardus <Shadocat@...> wrote
      > Pardus, who has already broken some rules on the Don't list. *g*
      >
      > COMMENT,
      > Methinks my Lady and this humble veteran Soldier unknowingly broke
      nearly all of them.
      > Matthew Baker
      > Southern Marches, Insulæ Draconis

    • Dianne & Greg Stucki
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
        At 01:27 PM 10/8/2007, you wrote:
        >Don't forget his wife Squirrel!
        >(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her
        >nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and Squirrel)

        Mine is a flying monkey. :-)

        Laurensa
      • David Backlin
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
          >>(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her
          >>nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and
          >>Squirrel)
          >

          > Mine is a flying monkey. :-)
          >
          > Laurensa

          What color? Not blue, I hope. ;)
        • christopher chastain
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
            No offense to the good sir and his lady but I cant help but mentally see rocky and bullwinkle everytime I read this description!

            Dmitrii

            "If you must choose between two paths, either of which will bring death and defeat, then choose the path wherein you die fighting for honor and justice." Pan Ku

            To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: edrei@...: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:36:52 -0500Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach

            ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dianne & Greg Stucki" <goofy4@...>To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:37 PMSubject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach> At 01:27 PM 10/8/2007, you wrote:>>Don't forget his wife Squirrel!>>(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her>>nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and >>Squirrel)>>> Mine is a flying monkey. :-)>> Laurensa>What color? Not blue, I hope. ;)

          • Dianne & Greg Stucki
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 9, 2007
              At 01:36 AM 10/9/2007, you wrote:
              >Mine is a flying monkey. :-)