Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
      Pardus <Shadocat@...> wrote
      Pardus, who has already broken some rules on the Don't list. *g*

      COMMENT,
      Methinks my Lady and this humble veteran Soldier unknowingly broke nearly all of them.
      Matthew Baker
      Southern Marches, Insulæ Draconis

    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
        It certainly isn't the end of the world if you do the things on the
        don't list. However there are stories in abundance of people who
        truly wish they had not. The point of the don'ts listed is to get
        people to take some time before they make major decisions.

        Every one of my newcomers and "graduated" newcomers have a story to
        tell about why they are very happy they followed the advice in one way
        or another. Almost all of which I heard well after the fact. Of
        course I know some folks that everything worked out with as well. But
        they seem to be the exception.

        Just some friendly advice from a Chatelain.

        Ian

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, julian wilson <smnco37@...> wrote:

        > Pardus <Shadocat@...> wrote
        > Pardus, who has already broken some rules on the Don't list. *g*
        >
        > COMMENT,
        > Methinks my Lady and this humble veteran Soldier unknowingly broke
        nearly all of them.
        > Matthew Baker
        > Southern Marches, Insulæ Draconis

      • Dianne & Greg Stucki
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
          At 01:27 PM 10/8/2007, you wrote:
          >Don't forget his wife Squirrel!
          >(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her
          >nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and Squirrel)

          Mine is a flying monkey. :-)

          Laurensa
        • David Backlin
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
            >>(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her
            >>nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and
            >>Squirrel)
            >

            > Mine is a flying monkey. :-)
            >
            > Laurensa

            What color? Not blue, I hope. ;)
          • christopher chastain
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 8, 2007
              No offense to the good sir and his lady but I cant help but mentally see rocky and bullwinkle everytime I read this description!

              Dmitrii

              "If you must choose between two paths, either of which will bring death and defeat, then choose the path wherein you die fighting for honor and justice." Pan Ku

              To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: edrei@...: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:36:52 -0500Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach

              ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dianne & Greg Stucki" <goofy4@...>To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:37 PMSubject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: The Don't Speach> At 01:27 PM 10/8/2007, you wrote:>>Don't forget his wife Squirrel!>>(for those not in their kingdom, I'm not making fun, it's her>>nickname and she's a wonderful lady! I love that they are Moose and >>Squirrel)>>> Mine is a flying monkey. :-)>> Laurensa>What color? Not blue, I hope. ;)

            • Dianne & Greg Stucki
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 9, 2007
                At 01:36 AM 10/9/2007, you wrote:
                >Mine is a flying monkey. :-)