Re: Portraying religion

  • Jennifer Mackay
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
      This is an interesting topic. My main persona, Gemma Northwode, is from
      England around the end of the 12th and beginning of the 13th c. in
      England. Her mother is Italian, and her father is 1/2 English and 1/2
      Scottish.

      I've thought about making her a in-the-closet heretic, though I'm still
      reading up on them. I came across a few names of different types of
      heretics, the Cathars, who were heavily involved with the Templars
      during the Crusades. I can't recall all the names of the others, but
      the main books I've come across have all been about the Cathars rather
      than any from England or Scotland.

      Anyone know of any good books, more in-depth, on the subject of
      heretics during the Middle Ages covering more than just the Cathars?.

      My secondary early 1st C. AD Roman persona is a pagan, of course, and
      I'm reading up on Roman society/religion, ect.

      Thanks for listening.

      Gemma Northwode
      Antir