Re: [SCA Newcomers] I'm new

  • Crystal ortiz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
      How did I start going? Hmm...actually I was dragged! I thought these people were insane! LOL I met up with some of them at a Ren Faire from there I was given information to our hospitaliter in my local shire...and the rest as they say is history. She really helped me a lot with everything from garb to persona development. I would definatley contact yours ASAP.

      -Cris

      Brittany <waterviolite@...> wrote:
      When my sister went to college she joined the SCA and has seemed to
      really enjoy it. I am 15 and interested in joining the Barony of
      Jararvellir in Madison. How should I do that? What events or
      activities would be best to start with and if I choose a weekly meeting
      or evert or whatever, how do I warn them I will be coming. How did
      some of you start going to events and joining?

    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hospitaler = Chatelain(e) = Newcomers Greeter and Helper

        Ian
        Chatelain for the Shire of Grey Gargoyles
        Region of the Midlands
        Middle Kingdom

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Crystal ortiz