Re: I'm new

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
      My girlfriend is up in that Barony.

      Just to let you know the name is not pronounced at all like it looks.

      Jaravellir is pronounced

      Yar uh vet ler.

      The folks there are really great. As someone under the age of 18,
      please bring a parent with you to the first few SCA things you go to
      as well. This is good both for your parent's state of mind and for
      the SCA group you are looking at joining.

      The folks there are very nice and really all you need to do when you
      arrive is to say, "I'm new, who should I talk to about...?" If you
      have gotten a hold of someone ask for them by name.

      If for some reason you can not get a hold of the chatelaine you are
      also welcome to try the Seneschal and the Baroness. The Baroness's
      SCA name is pronounced IKE ney. She is incredibly nice.

      Good luck and have fun. I started in the SCA when I was 14 so age
      is not something that should stop you. Have fun, ask questions and
      learn everything you can.

      Ian the Green

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Brittany" <waterviolite@...>
      wrote:

      > When my sister went to college she joined the SCA and has seemed
      > really enjoy it. I am 15 and interested in joining the Barony of
      > Jararvellir in Madison. How should I do that? What events or
      > activities would be best to start with and if I choose a weekly
      meeting
      > or evert or whatever, how do I warn them I will be coming. How
      did
      > some of you start going to events and joining?

    • Crystal ortiz
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
        How did I start going? Hmm...actually I was dragged! I thought these people were insane! LOL I met up with some of them at a Ren Faire from there I was given information to our hospitaliter in my local shire...and the rest as they say is history. She really helped me a lot with everything from garb to persona development. I would definatley contact yours ASAP.

        -Cris

        When my sister went to college she joined the SCA and has seemed to

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
          Hospitaler = Chatelain(e) = Newcomers Greeter and Helper

          Ian
          Chatelain for the Shire of Grey Gargoyles
          Region of the Midlands
          Middle Kingdom

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Crystal ortiz