Re: dye

  • Anetika Roller
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 1, 2007
      Produce departments in grocery stores have more onion skins than you can
      imagine. The majority of them come off when the clerk opens the bag the
      onions come in. If you call your store and speak with someone in the
      produce department, they can set you up with more onion skins than you can
      shake a stick at. Most of them go into the trash anyway. When I was a
      produce clerk, onion skins were the bane of my existence. They are really
      hard to sweep up off the floor! I used to save them for a customer all the
      time. I don't know what she was dyeing, come to think of it, maybe she was
      in the SCA! They have lots of red onion skins too, which are also good for
      dyeing things. Good luck, and happy dyeing.

      Constance

      --
      Semper gero sub gero
      Always wear under wear