Re: [SCA Newcomers] Random medieval trivia fact

  • Elizabeth Cember
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 4:41 AM
      I just learned last week that "chains" are the strings of links made by armourers and "maille" is the name for the metal fabric that results from linking those chains together. We get "chainmail" from the Victorians who weren't sure what each word meant so they invented a new compound word.

      Elspeth

      I bring myself happiness by surrounding myself with beautiful things;
      I bring myself joy by trying to see the beauty in all things.