Re: [SCA Newcomers] Children's Garb

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2007
      In a message dated 8/28/2007 9:42:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      casse_tempeste@... writes:

      <<Would it be appropriate to cloth a girl in a tunic and perchance
      chausses or would it have to be a smock/gown with a surcoat?>>

      Heck, I know grown women who wander around events in men's garb. Usually
      really good 14th century men's garb. Apparently one of them found a period
      description of these wild girls who dressed as men and went to watch
      tournaments...they even used men's names for a while.
      If anyone knows the period incident/source this came from, I'd like to know
      what it is.

      As long as your children are in garb, I don't think anyone is going to care
      if the garb is for the correct gender. There are too many folks who don't
      even bother to try to put garb on their kids.

      Lancaster, PA