Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Viking-Age Norse accessories (was: Torcs and other accents)

  • Sara L Uckelman
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 19, 2007
      Quoth "emrys_clearwater":
      > the term 'Viking Age' refer to the time frame, or the geographical
      > region and time frame? (i.e. I am welsh in character, what would be
      > appropriate in that context?)

      The Viking Age or Viking Era is a time period. The Wikipedia article
      on the subject provides a an excellent overview of the topic:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_age

      In particular, there's a short discussion of the effect that the Vikings
      had in Wales, at

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_age#Wales

      -Aryanhwy

      --