Re: [SCA Newcomers] Are we still newcomers?

  • Kristine Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 9:53 AM
      On 7/9/07, Julian <smnco37@...> wrote:
      > Messire Matthew Baker, & Madame Alys Vitel de Ploubazlanec' en
      > Bretagne
      > unto
      > The Gentles of the List,
      > Greetings from the Anglo-Norman Isles,
      > the Southernmost Outer Marches of Insulæ Draconis, Kingdom of
      > Drachenwald.
      >

      > We have now been members of the SCA for about 2.5 years, [though we
      > were established late-15th C re-enactors before we joined]; - and if
      > this humble veteran soldier had known this List existed back then, we
      > would have subscribed as soon as we took out our International
      > Memberships.
      > There are now 7 SCA Members in the Isle of Jersey, [including a
      > family with 3 children] - and we intend to try and recruit more
      > people; and form our own local group a.s.a.p. - because the ferry
      > costs between the Isles and the UK mainland are SOOOO high that none
      > of us can afford to travel to events in Insulæ Draconis more than
      > about 4/5 times annually.
      > This latter is a sadness to us, because our 3 nearest Shires seem to
      > be having about four meetings a month between them - and if it was
      > just a case of loading-up a vehicle, and driving to the events - we'd
      > probably be attending at least 2 events a month.
      > So, from the point of view of having met a large number of the
      > Populace of Drachenwald, - I suspect we are still more-or-less still
      > equivavlent to "SCA newbies".
      >
      > In Service to the Light and the Dream,
      > Matthew Baker

      Welcome to the list! You don't have to be an absolute newcomer to join
      this list. Even people like me learn from this list -- and I have been
      in the SCA for 24 years now.

      Scolastica
      --
      http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

      If you can't get rid of them ugly old skeletons in the closet, at least teach
      'em how to dance funny. Billy C. Wirtz